Guys.. Brush is a very important tool for a painter and for Photoshop too. There are plenty of ways to create a brush. Here I will guide you to create a Brush from an Image in Photoshop CS5. Just follow these steps :
1. First open Photoshop and click on ‘File’ and then ‘Open’ (or press Ctrl+O). Browse one picture from your system disk drive. As I have taken a picture of a Couple from my system which I found in Google Image Search. You can take a picture of any resolution because you know we can change the size of ‘Brush’ in Photoshop.
2. Now first select ‘Brush’ tool and go to ‘Edit’ option and then select ‘Define Brush Preset’.
Now just name this brush whatever you want and click ‘ok’.
Picture Brush is defined. it is so simple. Now you can use this brush on any Image or file. So if you want to check how it will look like follow next step.
3. Go to ‘File’ and then select ‘New’ (or press Ctrl+N) and create a white background layer to see the impression of defined Picture brush. You can create background layer of any color, it doesn’t matter. I just want to show you clear impression of Brush that’s why I have used white color background.
4. Now click on the background layer, Picture brush will be printed. You can change the size of the Brush by pressing the left and right brackets to make the size smaller or larger.
You can see clear impressions of this Picture brush on white background layer.
You can change the Shape Dynamics, Scattering, Texture, Color Dynamics of this defined brush too. For this follow next steps :
5. Go to o to ‘Window’ and then select ‘Brushes’ to bring up the Brushes palette. This palette has a lot of options for the Brush tool. The brush can rotate to a certain degree as we brush. You can see I have change the ‘Scattering’ of Brush by just clicking on ‘Scattering’ and impression of defined ‘Brush’ is changed.
6. You can change the color of Brush, Whatever color is selected in the Foreground in the toolbar will be the color of brush. As I have selected the red color for my brush and you can see red impression of brush on background layer.
Enjoy Guys !