The HTC First is an Android smartphone released by HTC on April 12, 2013. It was unveiled on April 4, 2013 as part of a press event held by Facebook—it is the first Android device to be pre-loaded with Facebook’s own user interface layer, Facebook Home.
The HTC First is a mid-range smartphone which uses a dual-core, 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with support for LTE, a 2000 mAh battery, 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of non-expandable storage. The First uses a 4.3-inch 720p Super LCD display, and includes a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 1.6 megapixel front-facing camera.
The HTC First runs on Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean”, but unlike the majority of recent HTC phones, it does not ship with the HTC Sense software. Instead, the HTC First utilizes Facebook Home, a new interface layer developed by Facebook that heavily integrates with the service. Facebook Home consists of a home screen and lock screen replacement known as Cover Feed (which aggregates content posted by friends on Facebook along with notifications from other apps), the ability to message users (via either Facebook or SMS) from any app using an overlay on the top of the screen, and an overall experience that is oriented towards social interaction.
A quick look at the HTC First’s list of talents shows that the smartphone has a lot more to offer than simply featuring Facebook Home out of the box. Hardware wise, the device is as capable as just about any 2012 Android top dog, but with the added benefit of an impressively pocket-friendly form factor. HTC First Price is $99.99 in network carrier AT&T.
Full Specification :
- OS : Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Processor : 1.4 GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Display : 4.3″ 16M-color Super LCD capacitive touchscreen with HD resolution (720 x 1280 pixels)
- Memory : Internal : 16GB | RAM : 1GB
- Camera : Rear : 5 MP, 2592×1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash | Front : 1.6 MP
- Battery : 2000 mAh Li-Po battery
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot | Bluetooth v4.0 | microUSB v2.0
- Other Features : GPS with A-GPS, Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor and Auto-brightness Sensor, Unmodified Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Facebook Home UI preinstalled, DivX/XviD video support