The Sony Xperia Z is a touchscreen enabled, full HD Android flagship smartphone designed, developed, and marketed by Sony Mobile. The Xperia Z runs on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) and features a 13MP Exmor RS sensor as well as a full HD (1080p) display, encompassed in Sony’s Industrial ‘Omni-Balance’ Design.
The Xperia Z will ship with a 1.5Ghz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor and have 2GB of RAM. The phone is covered on the front and back by durable tempered glass, where the front is Dragontrail Glass and the back is Corning Gorilla Glass.
Xperia Z has received mostly positive reviews from critics. Damien McFerren of CNET gave the phone 4 and a half stars out of five. The phone was announced by Sony at CES 2013 and was released in February 2013 in Japan. But in Indian market Xperia Z launched on Tuesday Mar 12, 2013. The Japanese consumer electronics-maker is eyeing 30% of its total business in India from the smartphone segment in the financial year 2013-14. The cost of Sony Xperia Z is around Rs 38,990 ($ 721).
The phone is water-resistant and all ports and slots are covered with flaps made from some kind of glass fibre material to protect the phone. The same material also extends to the other part of the sides.
Full Specification :
- OS : Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Processor : 1.5Ghz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- Display : Type: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors | Size: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Memory : Internal Storage: 16 GB | RAM: 2 GB
- Camera : Primary: 13.1 MP (4128×3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash) | Secondary: 2.2 MP (Front)
- Battery : Non-removable Li-Ion 2330 mAh battery
- Weight : 146 g (5.15 oz)
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, microUSB v2.0
- Colors : Black, White and Purple
- Other Features : Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass | Browser: HTML5 | Stereo FM radio with RDS, GPS